Updated: Feb 13
QUICK STEPS: How do I increase my dog's appetite?
1. Walk to the kitchen and shake the container that his food is kept in to signify feeding ritual is starting.
2. Poor the food onto his bowl on the counter.
3. Stand in front of your dog with the food bowl in your hands.
4. Wait for him to try different actions to see what'll get him the food.
5. Do not say any commands, just wait for him to relax his excitement a little.
6. If he whines, it means he is not sure what you expect of him but he is trying to figure it out, so simply wait.
7. Upon signs of relaxation, reward him with one bite of food from his bowl before putting it back on the counter.
8. Repeat the steps above.
9. Working for his food rather than it always being on the floor or rather than it just coming to him easily will help with his appetite, as you're not only feeding the stomach but the state of mind as well.
Got any questions regarding the above? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org