Welcome to one of our Step by Step articles! In these articles, we do our best to avoid lengthy explanations and jump straight into the actions you need to take, to tackle different concerns you may have.
Please note: To gain access to this and all of my premium blog posts, you will need to use the Subscribe Now button below.
Here's how you can potty train your puppy: 1. Monitor your puppy's daily water intake closely. To more easily do this, you can get a doggy water bottle.
2. Write down the amount of time/hours between each potty break/accident.
3. Take your puppy out for their next potty break before that amount of time. (For ex, if accidents occur every 2hrs, take your puppy out every 1hr 45mins.)
4. Build on the amount that your puppy can handle slowly with 5-10 minute increments.
5. Be patient, accidents can still happen. Your reaction is the most important that and is what your puppy will remember.
6. Practice & repeat. Need some more clarification on the steps above, or want to get in touch with a dog trainer? Click here to get started.